Wednesday, March 15, 2006

"To sleep; perchance to dream"

Wednesday lunchtime - that tipping point in the week when the weekend ahead is nearer than the weekend past. Warning - this will be a pretty random post.......

I seem to have developed a habit/quirk of writing bizarre things in emails (which probably go on too long) and/or saying stupid things - you know, out loud and everything. Examples from the past couple of weeks include;

"Women over size 8 shouldn't really wear patterned dresses."

"..nor do you have the transvestite/transsexual look of Trinny or the 'mumsy' qualities of Susannah..."

"..to be honest I never thought I'd still be single @ 34 so perhaps I come at this from a different angle. Hope? Desperation? Let's go with hope - sounds better.... ;o)"

"...personally I'd like to book the lookalike anyway..."

They seem to make sense at the time, but, well????

Been a strange past 10 days or so. I've been back to Birmingham to help my Mum move to a new flat and to also attend a funeral, been to a couple of business type/committee meetings in the evenings, been to a wedding, spoken to auditors, and been to a modernist art exhibition (more on that later this week). So some has been great and other not so good - I'll leave you to work out what might fall where. All have combined with the usual stuff of life - queuing in Tesco, going to work, South West Trains being generally crap etc.

Currently tired and at that stage where I know if I actually stop, things will probably grind to a halt - all a bit weird and I need some down time and a decent couple of nights sleep. Not too easy as have various stuff on my mind at the moment - nothing 'major' just 'stuff'. Being asked 'are you happy?' has also got me thinking a bit. My initial thought was to remember what Rev Lovejoy in The Simpsons replied to a similarly deep question;

"Rev Lovejoy, is there a God?"
"Short answer, no if....... Long answer, yes but."

It's only got me thinking a bit because so far 2006 has been a bit, well, pants really. In November/December I was quite optimistic about various things and actually looking forward to the year ahead - a very unusual thing for me!! But it's already mid-March and 2006 has not yet blossomed how I envisaged or hoped on a number of levels. It seems to be grinding along - but there is still a lot of the year left so who knows?.?.?.

So am I happy? As Vicky Pollard would say........

No comments: