Wednesday, March 01, 2006

"Spring in the Air"

So when does spring start? Some say it's 1st March, others 21st March. My favourite is 'spring starts when a fair maiden can place a single foot on 7 daisies.' All I know is that it was almost daylight when I left the office tonight - yet snow is forecast - must be spring.

March already! One of my aims for 2006 was to catch up with friends more often - I know some read this blog but it's not the same. Well so far I've failed pretty miserably and the year is racing away - this is something I must rectify in the coming weeks.

'Tis also Lent - traditionally a time when we give something up for 40 days. Never been a practice I've observed but have given it some thought. Considered giving up alcohol for Lent, but I've a wedding to go in 10 days and my birthday falls before Easter - I need to be realistic! Plan (b) under consideration is something achieveable - giving up fruit and vegetables - may not really be in the spirit of Lent though......

tangent/ wondered whatever happened to The Flying Pickets /end tangent

No comments: