Saturday, March 11, 2006

"My eyebrow wax is in 5"

I'm off to a wedding, which should be lovely. I like the vibe of wedding days and I've been fortunate in that virtually all the weddings I've been to have had a great vibe - the receptions and ceremonies may differ, but the vibe is the key. I've also been privileged to have been a best man on two occasions - although I do wonder if that could be the male equivalent of always the bridesmaid.....

Today I'll be travelling by public transport, which adds a bit of fun - dressed for a wedding as you sit down next to the shoppers off to M&S or Primark gets you the odd look. Hopefully there won't be too many 4 Weddings moments - saying something stupid and ending up banging my head against a post or being on a table from hell - and I'm looking forward to a great day with that all important wedding vibe.

So with a fresh haircut and eyebrow trim (bizarrely even though I have a lack of hair I now spend more time in hairdressers looking after the little I have than I used to when I had long, flowing, ponytailed locks - and I get offered eyebrow trims?!?!) I will be wearing a new pink shirt to make a 'style statement'. Not sure what the statement is; it's either 'sex on a stick' (I do on occasion scrub up well) or 'yes, I know I look like a junior manager in an out of town hotel'......

No comments: