Monday, April 24, 2006

To all Simon Cowell wannabes....

When I started this blog back in November I emailed several people who I thought might be interested, or who at least wouldn’t disown me. I said it would be an experiment and after about six months there would be a sort of Pop Idol type feedback time. Now is that moment, so slip into your high waisted Simon Cowell style trousers and let me know what you think.

For what it’s worth here is my two cents worth...
..I’ve enjoyed writing it - I said I’d update it about 3 times a week and on the whole I have..
..It’s evolved differently than I thought. Less funnies and probably been more melancholy than I intended. Most people who try/want to be funny have a ‘darker’ side - the whole ‘tears of a clown thing’(?) - so perhaps not a shock. If I continue I’d definitely try to up the funny quotient..
..It’s been interesting to discover what some people have read into what I’ve written. For example, some felt the 14th Feb entry was quite hard on myself which was far from my intention. With a blog being written it’s more difficult to time the pause, change the 'tone' of my voice or raise the eyebrow as I might if I was ’performing’ it - I have to work on how I convey things better..
..I’ve probably been more open/honest than I first thought. Other than the known deleted post everything remains in all its glory. I hope that I’ve neither been too shocking or offended people - definitely not my intention and if I have I apologise..
..I wish I'd put a web counter on from start. More people read this than I ever thought would - and huge thanks to those who have emailed or talked to me about it - but I'd have been interested to see how many I've lost/gained over the past few months..

To tempt (?) you I’ve already got thoughts on the next stage..
..the blog will be redesigned - different layout and I might even have worked out how to upload photos..
..I’ll up the funny quotient - with the aim of restoring some ‘life’ into my work/life balance I’m embarking on a couple of new things (one of you guessed very accurately about one of them and thanks for your feedback & encouragement - invaluable). If nothing else they will give plenty of ‘embarrassing story’ potential..
..I’ll try to uncover more strange stuff on the interweb. As a taster, this (bad dates) is a website you really don’t want to feature in (warning - some of it is quite rude, but there is lots of less rude but very funny stuff)..

Let me know your thoughts - comments can be left anonymously (if I’ve set it up right) or you can email me direct at smittyonline@hotmail.com.

What would Simon say?? So, is this it? You decide!!

No comments: