Friday, April 07, 2006

HBTM

Today is my birthday. I thought I'd include an entry from the greatest diarist of our generation when they reached the same age.

"My birthday. I am thirty five today. I am officially middle-aged. It is all downhill from now. A pathetic slide towards gum disease, wheelchair ramps and death." Adrian Mole - Wednesday 2nd April, 2003

I'm guessing he's more a glass half empty man?? Plus he had the distraction of flirty text messages with a beautiful woman based on Mr Kipling's cakes. No, I'm not making that up - read the last diary - you'll never look at a french fancy or a slice of battenburg in the same way!

Today's been good - I've spent an almost obscene amount of money on a new pair of sexy specs (there is an irony in getting your eyetest done on your birthday), I've tried something new (went to a beauty shop - it involved wax - let's draw a veil there....), I've already had some excellent cards and presents, and meeting up with old friends for a meal tomorrow.

One present was a lovely pink tie - beginning to wonder just how much pink I carry off......

No comments: