Friday, September 01, 2006

Redemption Reflections

The dust has settled a couple of days , so a few thoughts about my Greenbelt 2006.

* it was a very successful festival - the programme, the site and the overall 'vibe' were all fantastic. Not even the rain showers could dampen the 19,000 festival goers fun.

* for the second year running (for various reasons) I went into the festival 'frazzled'. Me + lack of sleep = grumpiness. The festival was very busy, which exacerbated the situation, and people probably saw the worst side of me; I apologise if you got caught up in it.

* people often talk about 'Greenbelt moments'. This year for me it was, on a couple of occasions, snatching a few minutes with one or a few people sitting high up overlooking the site. A cup of coffee or a sandwich, just looking out and taking it all in. It's a real privilege to play a small part in something so wonderful.

No comments: