Sunday, September 24, 2006

Thursday 21st - Saturday 23rd September - Birmingham

Stay in Birmingham for a couple of days and catch up with friends and family. Sometimes I wonder what might have happened if I'd stayed or returned to Birmingham. Would my life be much different - better, worse, or just different?

Even having spent a a week or two in Scotland in the wonderful countryside, I know that I'm a city boy at heart and, if you're going to live in a city, for all it's annoyances, grief and hassle, London is the place to be. Never say never - but for the foreseeable future I guess I'm committed to London.

On Saturday I end up at the Scarecrow Festival at Belbroughton just outside Birmingham. It's basically a local village fair but with a scarecrow theme and with various scarecrows throughout the village - a pleasant way to spend the afternoon in the glorious September sun.

No comments: