Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Half empty/half full

Saw a intriguing job advert; the sort of one that makes you think 'I wonder'??

I like my current job and there may be big opportunities in the next 2 years, it also enables me to be involved in something I love to do. Job advert was for a post that would be an interesting move - main issue is it's not London based but in the north east.

Is it enough of a temptation to consider relocating, and to the north east? What's keeping me here? Would relocating be a positive decision or perhaps an avoidance of other stuff? What would I be giving up here - personally, professionally? Surely my job is not the sole driving factor in 'life' decisions?

I know I'm not going to apply for it, but it was good to be provoked into a bit of thought rather than just stay put and let inertia perhaps set in.

No comments: