Sunday, July 02, 2006

Comedy Tomorrow?

So the comedy writing course has ended - think I am now statistically 13.7% funnier.

Have mixed feelings about it. Was only a 2 hour session each week for 10 weeks so have barely started to scratch the surface and just when you're beginning to get to know people (I am invariably slow at this) the sessions are over. Know one area I definitely can't do, but where, if anywhere, next? In the past a couple of people have said how about trying stand up - which perhaps I could look into a bit more - but were they serious? Would I have the sheer bottle to even attempt it?? Know what I'd perhaps like to do, but do I have the ideas/talent??

Final week included a comedy quiz. Slipped on the comedy anorak and did surprisingly well - though was annoyed that I couldn't name 3 famous Canadian comedians. Not sure if it was a comment on me or on Canada.

Was driving somewhere yesterday morning and flipped on Radio 4. "... and being a tranvestite I am, of course, immune to embarassment..." was the first sentence I heard. Was a conversation between Turner Prize winning artist Grayson Perry and Gyles Brandryth!

That's the bizarre about writing comedy - you can never come up with something as random and funny as happens in real life.

No comments: