Monday, July 03, 2006

Continually Clueless

Again demonstrated my cluelessness last week. Got an email from someone asking my 'advice' as she felt there was this bloke - a really nice guy - who had a thing for her. Being the good friend I email back saying what makes you think that? What were the signs? Why don't we meet up for a drink and talk it through? Yes - I know now! Not sure my email was the great help intended. A real case of crossed wires as the bloke she was talking about was me...

What I really liked was that the person felt they could be open and honest and ask, pretty much straight out, whether I had a thing for them. The answer was no, it was fine - all cleared up with a couple of emails. It's nice that there is a friendship there which could handle such a situation - a sense of trust and openness.

Slightly worried about what unintended signals I've been giving off though!

No comments: