Saturday, July 29, 2006

Go West

So the West Wing - probably the best TV show of recent years - is over. Channel 4 treated its end as shabbily as it had treated the past few series - shunted out on E4 and More4; is it too much to ask for intelligent shows to be sensibly scheduled on terrestrial TV?

The Ultimate West Wing Challenge was a truly appalling 30 mins of television. Fortunately the last couple of episodes brought it all to a fitting end - CJ and Danny, Josh and Donna, Toby. All good stuff, I'll miss it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a West Wing fan, but as I look back on it, I wonder if I liked it because I thought I was watching how the government really runs, or because I somehow believed that this was how the goverment SHOULD run?

Smittyonline said...

Suspect you're right - Bartlet, the best President the USA never had. Mind you, Santos looked pretty good too...