Sunday, February 05, 2006

Safely back - physically fine

Back from a week skiing in Zermatt - a beautiful location with stunning scenery. A good week, I’ve done more skiing than I’ve ever done in a week before. All limbs ache, but are safely accounted for.

A week’s skiing is great - you get fresh air and exercise (always a change for me) and because you are worried about staying upright it takes your mind off other things, work etc. Yet, because you also spend a lot of time on lifts and in cable cars, you do get time to think and the beautiful scenery gives you a fresh perspective. It is a nice balance between exercise and relaxation, between distraction and reflection - a very good week. Plus, because you are doing so much exercise, you get to eat like crazy without fear of blowing up like a whale.

Other stuff….
…. Being weighed in order to set the ski bindings I found that I’d lost a few kilos compared to last year - result!
…. I definitely need to be fitter
…. I wish I could speak another language - one staff member at the hotel could speak six - I can barely speak one
…. Apparently some parts of the blog have been a bit cryptic (naturally) and people have been reading between the lines… interestingly they’ve read things pretty well…
.... watch The IT Crowd currently on C4 - v. funny
.... the alpine scenery at 12,000 feet in sunshine and beautifully still conditions is amazing

No comments: