Friday, January 27, 2006

A Right Mixed Bag

Today would have been my Dad's 62nd birthday; it is also exactly 7 months since he died. Neither a major milestone, nor particularly emotional events; but both are things which prompt a little reflection.

Overall a very mixed week. I've been working on some accounts which refuse to give the 'right' bottom line; I think I've possibly tarnished a friendship; there appears to be some sort of problem with the sale of the family house; and I'd like to be in two places at same time, not once but twice, tomorrow. All grist in the mill of life!!

However, there has also been some beautiful things - such as catching up with some friends over a meal. Plus Radio 4 is doing away with 'UK theme' - if you're an insomniac this is the annoying tune that heralds the start of the Radio 4 day at 5.30 every morning. I'll be glad to see the back of it - if only they'll get rid of 'Sailing By' as well. As I say, a mixed week......

The real highlight is that I'm off on holiday tomorrow - a week in the mountains pretending to ski. Looking forward to it - a chance for some space, some fresh air and to relax the mind, if not the body!

This also means that there won't be an update on the blog for a week - I can sense your relief!

No comments: