Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Wot I done on my holidays

So what do you on holiday that you don’t normally do?? On my recent ski trip the new stuff I tried included;
…exercise daily - I tend to be more beer barrel (or Watney’s Party 7 for those who’ve been watching Life on Mars) than six pack. Rarely do I have my five 30 minute exercise periods a week. A skiing holiday changes that…
…fruit daily - I’ve accidentally become known as ‘mr no fruit’. A shade unfair but couldn’t say I ate fruit every day - on holiday I did, and that doesn’t include the banana shaped and flavoured chocolates - which included 15% banana pulp!
…salad daily - not a particular favourite of mine - what is the point of lettuce? In Switzerland the first course of each evening meal was a salad - quite tasty!
…moisturise daily - beauty this *good* requires minimal work - but on holiday you like to make that little extra effort, no?

The hotel bar also had its own character. Full of skiing, ice hockey and curling team pennants (somewhat bizarrely including one from Sheffield United), it also included a photo of Sepp Blatter (FIFA President who apparently grew up in the same village as the hotel owner), a photo of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman following a member of staff (who moaned that she looked 5 kilos heavier in those days) and a photo of the town doctor meeting the Pope - I loved it.

Other guests included a group of South Africans, an older Scottish bloke with a magnificent beard, a group of 20 somethings including a woman from Wales (lovely accent) and a couple who I can best describe as being very 'Abigail's Party'. Quite what the Swiss made of it all who knows....

No comments: