Tuesday, December 13, 2005

'Tis the season.....

Parents, if you really want to know how well your child is doing at school, nursery, playgroup or youth group, ignore any end of term report or feedback - you just need to go to the Christmas or Nativity play.

If your child is either Mary or Joseph - fear not, your child is intelligent and doing well.

If they are one of the Wise Men - don’t panic, it means they are confident and reading well else they wouldn’t have been selected to say the words gold, frankincense or myrrh.

Angel Gabriel - good, they have a presence and can remember things.

One of the shepherds - OK, they know how to follow instructions and where and when to stand.

If, however, they are playing 5th sheep - I’d be worried.

Me? When I was young I got to play the Innkeeper. Yep, I was the one who turned away Mary and Joseph. Not entirely sure what it means but I’m guessing it wasn’t good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or your teachers identified early on your passion for a good ale...

Anonymous said...

Me? I got to be the narrator a couple of times.....


...interpret that....


I reckon 2nd donkey is worse than 5th sheep though, and you really have to be afraid when they don't have a proper part at all but are part of the dance troupe before or after the play itself, or even worse, judged unsuitable for that or the choir end up being thanked for "helping all the other children get ready"... ....I have seen it happen.....

Smittyonline said...

So I have a 'frequent reader'???

Thanks for all the comments - don't recall many dance troupes in nativity plays when I was growing up - but that's Birmingham for you!