Thursday, December 29, 2005

Random Christmas thoughts

A few things I’ve noticed over the Christmas period;
….revenge of the turkey - I’ve managed to avoid turkey at Christmas for about 5 years. This year I had turkey at 4 successive meals….
….laundry - people do their washing at strange times. During the Christmas Day service at church, at about 11am, I noticed 4 neighbouring houses had washing on their line. The local launderette, at about 1pm, was not only open but people were using the tumble dryers. Some bizarre tablecloth nightmare???
….garden centres - seem to have very little ’garden’ about them. Went to one and could buy candles, books, paintings, fish, cards, porcelain figurines, clothes, lighting, furniture, ferrets, snakes, hot tubs, fruit and lizards. I think you could also buy plants…..
…..reading - at Christmas I tend to read a little more. The January 2006 edition of Cosmo was very educational, especially page 16.…
....5 portions - Christmas is probably the only time of the year I easily get 5 portions of veg a day - often in one meal....
…..dumb things people say - “I know it sounds daft, but I’ve got to take off my glasses to see where I’m going.” Yep, it did sound daft, even more so when delivered in a thick Bristolian accent……
…..next Christmas? - I’ve quite enjoyed this Christmas. I’ve seen and caught up with various friends and family and received some lovely gifts. Next year I want to do something different - not sure what, but have about 360 days to work it out.

No comments: