Sunday, November 26, 2006

So, how was it for you?

Even I am now beginning to acknowledge that Christmas is nearly upon us! I can't get that excited or worked up about it - but it also means that 2006 is drawing to an end. How's it been so far? How many of your resolutions lasted beyond January?

For me it's been a funny year - mainly funny peculiar but sometimes funny ha, ha. There has been a lot to do, a lot on my mind and overall my default feeling has been one of tiredness. This tends to lead to grumpiness and I fear people have inadvertently been on the end of it - even more than usual! If that's impacted you I apologise.

For my recent course I had to ask people to describe me in short phrases. I was described as being 'grounded', 'self aware' and 'incredibly tolerant' - fairness and loyalty were also often used. This was lovely - descriptions were flattering and consistent with each other. The course has been very revealing! One person in my group said the phrase 'still waters run deep' was a good description of me. I didn't disagree - there is more going on than I normally show - but I did have the song in my head for the next hour!

From the course one person decided that they ought to chase up a friend each week; that resonated with me. Too often we are too busy and miss out on the important stuff. I don't know about you, but often as Christmas approaches I look through my address book and realise that there are too many people I've not spent enough time with. It may be Christmas is approaching, it may be there are going to be too many sentimental films on telly, it may be that 'Sunday afternoon feeling', but I like the idea of chasing up a friend a week.

I sense an early resolution for 2007.

No comments: