Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My Secret Shame...

I've admitted this before, but confession is good for the soul. I like (some) country music - I can sense your anxiety.

Saturday night BBC2 showed the 40th Country Music Awards from Nashville. The secret with all televised awards show is to record them - you can then fast forward the dull bits and just watch any highlights. I got the 90min CMA broadcast down to 30min tops.

What I love about the CMAs is they have no sense of shame or irony. For example, Keith Urban (probably best known in the UK as being the new Mr Nicole Kidman) won an award. There was the usual "unfortunately Keith can't be here tonight" part - well no, he's currently in rehab! This was discreetly skirted over.

As usual the song titles didn't disappoint. The following are the titles of the songs performed by the female artists;
...Before he cheats...
...Real fine place to start...
...Crazy ex-girlfriend...
...I ain't settlin'...
...Anyway...
...Come to bed...
...Leave the pieces when you go...

What can I say other than "I smell rabbit...."

No comments: