Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Real Me??

Been 'unearthing the real me' - scary stuff!

First we had to chose a brand and say how it related to us. I tend to have my tongue in my cheek for these things and so wanted to say Horlicks, Werthers Original or Stannah Stairlifts. In the end went for Gap. Why?
* they think they are trendier than they really are
* what they do might not be earth shattering, but they do it well
* on the whole it's safe and bland - lots of khaki etc.- but just once in a while you'll stumble across some great individuality
* sometimes they can be really creative - such as when they do a great new TV ad

Then moved to drafting a 'personal branding statement' using the descriptions we had other feedback to us earlier in the week. Finally we moved on to 'confronting your gremlins'. This involved drawing them on flipchart paper and naming them. Now, I've probably got enough to last a while so just shared the top 3 - Paranoid Percy, Perfectionist Pete and Wallflower Wayne.

Ok, I have 'issues'.

;-)

No comments: