Sunday, January 14, 2007

Whatever you do, don't feed them!

Busy week ahead including the next phase of this 'leadership' course I've been doing. Spent this afternoon reviewing my notes and looking back on my 'personal branding statement' and 'gremlins' (see here).

Mentioned the gremlins notion in passing to my boss on Friday. "Why have all your gremlins got such camp names?" he asked. "Oh, so you named them." It was as though that seemed to explain everything...

I've struggled with the whole 'personal brand' idea - it's one which seems to be the illegitimate offspring of a brainstorming session between David Brent and In the Psychiatrists Chair. Also learnt today that 'brainstorming' is now a politically incorrect term as it has links to epilepsy. Even 'thought shower' is not really acceptable (not that such a profoundly stupid phrase ever was), so what we have to do is 'map our concepts'.

????

Anyway, was struggling with my branding statement and then thought about a line I heard in a film the other day. "Are you one of those people who are difficult to get to know, but if you do spend the time you turn out to be fabulous?"

Captures me way better than any branding statement.

No comments: