Monday, January 01, 2007

The year closes

Hope that you had good Christmas and New Year.

Deep down I have to admit that I've never been a huge fan of Christmas/New Year - often seems to be a damp squib to me. This probably means I'm doing it wrong but this year was OK - praise indeed!

Anyway, even for me this year's New Year's Eve was a bit disjointed. It started early in the morning (well, late the previous night) when I seemed to end up singing along to 'I want you back' and 'Sweet Home Alabama' on some PlayStation game - rarely a good thing.

The morning then drifted into lunch at a carvery - where else can you get suspiciously overgrown yorkshire puddings? Carveries are weird - they seem to exist solely for pensioners and families with small children - whole swathes of people are missing out on the delights of the prawn cocktail starter... Lunch was followed by a visit to a cemetery - not my idea - which was timed exactly as the wind and rain kicked up.

The evening was OK - a quiz, a puppet related moment (never a good idea), food and a youth band who were pretty good. They were also a bit loud - another moment to confirm the ageing process... As I said, overall a bit of a strange and disjointed day.

Not sure what the year ahead will bring. Can't say why but I sense it could be a year for 'moving on'. Don't mean to be cryptic and have no real reason for thinking so other than a 'feeling in me water'...

...yet another confirmation of ageing...

;o)

No comments: