Friday, June 16, 2006

(Yet another) Confession

The blog as confessional. I have an addiction.

I can't explain how it started. At first I just tried it just the once. I dabbled - well some friends were doing it and said why not give it a try. What harm would it do?

Before I knew it I was hooked. Sometimes I've been doing it as many as 3 times a week. Sometimes I'm strong and can resist the temptation, but soon it draws me back - like the siren call of the mermaid drawing me to the rocks.

My name is Smittyonline and I'm addicted to - The Mothers Union Shop.

I'm sure there are several explanations...
...perhaps I want to be mothered...
...perhaps my biological clock is ticking...
...perhaps I buy a lot of greetings cards and this is a good shop just 100m from my office...

I don't think 'an intervention' is yet needed. Yesterday I even felt I could escape from its bondage - I went to buy a card for my Grandma's birthday and it had a very poor selection, none with 'Grandma' written on. This is the first time it had failed me - perhaps the scales are falling from my eyes. But....

...on the way out I saw a card. It said "Behind every successful man...... is a surprised woman."

You see - it lures you back in....

No comments: