Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Oooh....get you...

Yesterday had a regularly monthly evening meeting. Afterwards, do I go the pub? Want to but been a busy couple of weeks, am tired and slightly grumpy. Week ahead also busy - decide not and quickly head off. Disappointed as would like to catch up with some people - also annoying as in a couple of weeks know things should be less busy - all about timing.

Get to the train station. Trains are up the spout - great, sod's law. Find one going in the vague direction - means a bus for the last couple of miles. Settle down with a book. A bloke starts giving a young woman some grief about putting her feet on the seats, then quietens down. Few minutes later he's off again. She give some back chat about if that's all he's worried about he lives a sad life. An exasperated voice pipes up, "Oh shut up, both of you."

Not sure who is more surprised them or me - for it was I. Usually I'm very British and just shake me head and tut a bit - not sure why this time I spoke out. Even more surprisingly they both shut up - plus I got a double seat to myself...

All very strange...

No comments: