Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"Should I stay or should I go..."

Incredibly I've had the lease of my current flat for 10.5 months and the agents have asked do I want to stay here; sign up for another year?

Thought about it a bit. Was very tempted to write of the past year, move out and start over somewhere else in London - a clean slate. I'll admit that if I could live anywhere in London I'd love to live right in the centre (Pimlico/Southbank/City/Barbican) but unless I double my salary, or find a lender dumb enough to front me 10x my salary, it ain't going to happen.

Where I'm currently based would be second choice - easy to get into London and easy to get out into the country. It 'ticks a lot of boxes' and has a nice vibe to the place. As someone said, I need to give it a 'normal' year (whatever that is!).

Moving on was tempting, but it would also negate the good stuff that has happened, and there have been some good moments so let's not lose those. I'm beginning to get to know the area and a few people - it all takes time and its only really been the past 3 months that I've been able to work at this.

Plus why would I move - to try to escape my neuroses? I know, who'd have thought I've neuroses...... Rather than escape them, they tend to follow!!

Guess West London has me for a another year... Who knows, when I've been here a year I might get round to finish unpacking all the boxes or even have some sort of flatwarming thing...

No comments: