Monday, May 15, 2006

Heaven, Purgatory and Hell

Friday - Heaven

I was the beneficiary of spare ticket syndrome last Friday and ended up at the Lords test match. Great venue, good company, enthralling day's play. Evening spent catching up with a friend - a good day.

Saturday afternoon - Purgatory

Thought 'when was there a decent FA Cup Final match in the past few years?' Decided to skip it and go and watch Harlequins RL v. Bradford Bulls in a Super League match. Quins were painfully bad, a one sided match and I missed a cracking FA Cup Final. A lesson here somewhere??

Saturday evening/Sunday afternoon - Hell

Have discovered hell on earth - aka IKEA Croydon on a Saturday night. Went to feed my addiction to Swedish flat packed furniture, especially bookcases. Spent Sunday afternoon putting them together...

I know, I know - Saturday evening spent in IKEA - the sign of someone who needs a better social life, a wider circle of friends or a decent hobby. As I've said before - beyond parody ;o)

No comments: