Thursday, May 25, 2006

From high to low

Having spent the best part of two days in bed - and not in a good way - yesterday was back to work and a bulging inbox - remember work before email.?.?. Fortunately the day was rescued by a fantastic concert at the Barbican where the Hertfordshire Chorus sang 5 Negro Spirituals (Tippett) , the Chichester Psalms (Bernstein) and various bits from Porgy and Bess (Gershwin) - wonderful.

I have admit I love the Barbican. It's just so slightly weird - in reality an upmarket council estate that happens to have a fantastic arts centre as its community centre. And the events at the Barbican are so eclectic - in past few months I've been to a graduation, a very camp Christmas show and the above concert - not to mention used the fantastic cinemas. I'd love to live there.

Anyway, just to prove that I'm not as highbrow as I make out, the next concert I'm going to will be turning it up to 11 as it's Bon Jovi. Don't ask...... it was supposed to be the first concert at the new Wembley. Apparently though they've still got the builders in so it's now moved to 'The National Bowl' @ Milton Keynes.

I noticed the posters say 'the same as Wembley, only different'. Well that's certainly one way to look at it...

2 comments:

Phil Bowman said...

Glad you enjoyed the concert, we certainly enjoyed performing in it.

For more info, find us at Hertforshirechorus.org.uk

Regards,
Phil Bowman
Herts Chorus Webmaster.

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»