Monday, May 29, 2006

As one chapter closes...

On Friday the sale of my parents’ house was completed. As it was the final major thing to sort out from last year I was expecting a sense of relief. Have to admit that it has been different than I imagined; not a sudden flood of relief, but gradually over the bank holiday weekend I’ve felt a burden lifting. I’m not one for therapy speak - much more “a good talking to and pull yourself together” type - but the idea of 'closure', or more accurately little episodes of 'closure', is one I’m more open to following the last year.

Looking back over the past 12 months there is a paradox. On one level everything has changed; I finished studying, I moved flat, others have moved, Mum’s moved (twice!), the house I grew up in has been sold - about the only ‘most stressful’ thing I haven’t done is get divorced! Yet on another level little has changed and it is only now I’m able to unfreeze and embark on many things I was intending on doing last year - getting to know where I live, plan a holiday, work on friendships. Over the weekend I’ve had a growing sense of one chapter closing; but also one of excitement as the next chapter starts!

Friday evening - although I was in a bit of a funny mood and doubt I was the best of company (I put Coldplay on for the drive back - say no more!!) - it was lovely to spend some time catching up with friends. A nice few hours of detox and refreshment and a good opening to the next chapter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»