Thursday, November 17, 2005

You know you're getting old when.......

Vicars are younger than you.

I moved across London a few months ago and so have been settling into my new neighbourhood. A key element for me is finding a local church which - somewhat ironically - I find soul destroying.

Recently went to a large, vibrant and young church and both - not just one, both - of the vicars were younger than me. Church notices are often funny - will no doubt be more of this later in the blog's life - and one notice at this service was that the following Sunday evening the church were going to have a film night. The film to be shown was The Truman Show - a film which could, no doubt, spark lots of debate about our roles in life, how much we control our destiny, freewill v. God's plan, and even theological issues of predestination.

However, the main question I would have is, "If God exists, and there is already so much suffering in the world, why does he allow Jim Carrey films to be made?"

I sense me and this church are not on the same wavelength.........

No comments: