Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How old is too old?

A strange couple of days for various reasons. Generally feeling a bit 'restless' with a few things on my mind. Wondering a bit about age - probably something to do with being the 'awkward age' of 39. For example;
  • on Sunday I was wondering at what should a man give up wearing hooded tops - unless you're a monk?
  • yesterday, for the first time ever, I gave my 'business card' to a couple of people. They were sort of 'homemade' - thank goodness for the variety of stationery Ryman offers - to save the public purse. Surely I'm too old to be giving business cards for the first time?
  • Today I phoned a recruitment firm about a job advert I'd seen a couple of days ago. Another first, but it was an interesting looking job and they'd advertised the salary as 'competitive'. The discussion showed it wasn't as 'competitive' as they thought - but am I now too expensive?
  • been thinking about 'age' for a couple of other reasons as well.

As I said - a strange week so far - and it's only Tuesday!

No comments: