Friday, April 17, 2009

A river runs through it

Having spent a couple of days earlier in the week walking up and down the South Downs I decided to do something a little flatter!

So I got around to doing something I've thought about for a while. Took the train in to London - as I would on a working day - and instead of getting off at Vauxhall and turning right, I turned left and set off by the Thames.


Despite the weather being less than spring like - is was a dreadfully grey day in really flat light - what a wonderful stroll it was.


It was a walk of contrasts - the haunting mass of the old Battersea power station, the redevelopment of some parts, the industry by Nine Elms and Wandsworth, and the peace of Putney and Barnes.

A lovely walking corridor through the heart of London.



No comments: