Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Well, Cilla

Over the nibbles before a meeting last night a friend sidles up for a catch up chat - what have you been up to since we last met? how are things? - the usual stuff. A pause, and then...

"Anyway, there's this woman who has just started working with me - I think she'd be great for you."

Well, you have to admire their directness! Never quite know what to say in these situations. I'm always slightly (but only slightly) intrigued as to who my friends would consider to be my 'type' and set me up with - my mind wanders to the scene in Notting Hill when the friends of Hugh the bookshop owner set up a range of dinner dates with an increasingly bizarre collection of women.

Batted it back with the usual 'a couple of years ago this would have annoyed me but now I'm grateful - it shows you've not given up hope for me yet!'

Mind you - did I miss the memo? This has been the second time this has happened in a month (see here) - perhaps friends feel my time is running out and making a last ditch effort?! ;o)

No comments: