Friday, October 05, 2007

TW3

That was the week that was... A 'fun' week.

Interview went well but, as expected, I didn't get offered the promotion. Not a huge surprise as it would have been a massive promotion. Main aim was not to disgrace myself in the interview - and the early feedback is I didn't, quite the contrary. The following days contained office gossip about who was going to the get the job. Friday morning the current head of dept came into my office.

"It's X," he said.
"Really?" was my mildly surprised response. "That will be ... interesting."
"Yes... it'll put a lot of pressure on you."

I was sworn to secrecy, it won't be 'official' until Monday.

Interesting times ahead...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So who is it? And why will you be pressured? We want to know !

Rob D

Smittyonline said...

Someone else in the organisation - which is fine and expected. The 'fun' will be bringing them up to speed as so much is going on at the moment.