Sunday, September 16, 2007

What happened to Berni Inns??

Stop over in Birmingham for a couple of days on my way back down south and catch up with family and friends. Sunday lunch is taken in a carvery - they're slightly strange places with an interesting mix of patrons. There are young families, often augmented with a grandparent, are larger family groups, or senior citizen couples out for a Sunday lunch - not the sort of mixed demographic you would see at other types of restaurant. Guess me and my mum add to the strangeness. One thing I have noticed is you rarely see a non-white face even in a multicultural city like Brum... guess it's an acquired English taste??

Staying with some friends who half jokingly are suggesting they set me up with someone they have in mind - it's polite mickey-taking. A few years ago it's the sort of thing that really annoyed me but now I take a more positive view - at least they haven't yet abandoned all hope for me! ;o)

No comments: