Sunday, January 15, 2012

Disjointed, slow or in need of polish?

So how is your 2012 going so far?

I always find the first weeks in January a bit strange, a bit disjointed. This year has been no exception. After the fullness of the Christmas period, which was very enjoyable though also a little tiring, at the start of the year I looked in my diary and found not a single social thing in it for January. Nowt, nada, nothing. Now I wanted to slow down a bit in 2012 but this was taking it to extremes!

One of the things I want to do in 2012 is get some balance back. Not go to quite the extremes of the slow movement or slow living but to enjoy the simple pleasures - I'm aiming to use the #simplepleasures hashtag quite a lot on twitter. Thankfully my social diary has improved (!) and this last weekend has been a lovely blend of doing some things, catching up with people, and having some downtime. Simple pleasures.

How the rest of the year develops will be partly up to me - I had a wry smile reading yesterday's Independent which had some interesting articles on how to be happy & everyday contentment. One reason I like the image (which comes via a friend posting it on Facebook) is it's a good reminder that if things don't quite go as I'd like in 2012 I may need to do a little polishing.

No comments: