Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012 - Looking Forward

So how's 2012 going so far? Have to admit that for brief moment this morning I already felt it wasn't going well - thankfully the day improved!

I don't tend to do resolutions but here are a few thoughts looking forward to 2012.
  • The Olympics - personally I'm really looking forward to them. Yes the city may grind to a halt, I haven't got as many tickets as I'd like, and there is the looming worry about just how naff the opening and closing ceremonies may be. But it's a once in a lifetime experience, some of which will be right on my doorstep, and I'm hoping to make the most of it.
  • A cycle trip - all being well a group of us, having got the fever doing the C2C cycle route last year, will be tackling the Way of the Roses route. Slightly longer than the C2C, but not as hilly(!), it should be a fun trip. A real potential highlight.
  • Work/life balance - this really needs improving in 2012. From the simple things like making more time for friends and family, and doing more cooking (apparently 'pierce film lid several times' is not proper cooking!), to just feeling more comfortable relaxing I'm hoping to get things better. I'll be giving up something I've spent a fair amount of time doing over the years and hopefully I'll be able to use the time in a different way. We will see...

Overall I sense that 2012 will be different, I sense that something major may change. I've no idea what, but I've a 'feeling in me water' (though that could just be middle age.!.) that something will change.

Whatever your thoughts or hopes are for the coming year, I hope that 2012 becomes all that you wish it to be.

No comments: