Saturday, August 22, 2009

My career as a burglar...

Spent a fair chunk of the afternoon trying to break in to my garage.

Weather was nice so thought I'd go for a bike ride. Go down to my garage and I simply can't get the padlock to open... and of course any tools that would be helpful are in the garage... and why did I get a lock with 'extra security'??

So, after a bit of hitting it, and the odd naughty word, I trundle off to Wickes.

Have to say that I was a little nervous walking to the checkout wanting to pay solely for some boltcutters and a padlock. Felt if I was asked, there could be some awkward explaining to do...

Still, no awkward questions - either at the store or later whilst I wrestle the padlock with the boltcutters - and the garage was freed!

Don't feel a discreet life of crime is ahead of me.

No comments: