Friday, May 25, 2007

How was it for you?

Was the last session of my evening class last night and it was a little strange - some of the drama students performed a few of the scenes each of us had written. When I say 'performed' we're not talking about a full Busby Berkeley number - rather a 'workshop' run through of a scene.

It was slightly disconcerting - there were people saying some words I'd written. Would it work? Would they approach it as I thought I'd written it? How would they see things? The really interesting thing about it, and not just my two 'vignettes' but the scenes others had written, was what you thought was good probably wasn't, and some good acting could really make something that didn't initially read well appear pretty good.

Will I return to my 'work in progress'? Who knows...

No comments: