Saturday, May 19, 2007

Downs

Ever had your trousers nibbled by a lamb? More on that later...

Spent the day in beautiful East Sussex catching up with a friend who'd recently moved to Lewes. Always good to catch up with them, especially as without their help and guidance several years ago I wouldn't be where I am now career-wise.

After a fantastic lunch at Bill's Produce Store in Lewes we walked over to Glynde. Great views and lovely weather - as my sun burnt forehead testifies.

After pottering around Glynde for a bit - including a typically English scene of village cricket and a pint at the local pub - we wandered back.

On the way back one of the lambs, for some reason, came gambolling up to me - perhaps I have a certain sleep smell... Anyway it was all very cute and the lamb enjoyed a nibble on trousers.

Not sure its mother was particularly amused as after a while a very angry ewe appeared and charged at me and my friend; we beat a hasty retreat. A pleasant walk, beautiful countryside and catching up with a friend - overall a pretty good day!