Sunday, April 22, 2007

This mass of humanity....

Head off to introduce my weekend visitor to the delights of watching the London Marathon. A very pleasant day weatherwise - so long as you are watching and not competing!

Had my annual internal debate of thinking "well, if they could it surely I could?" Hopefully the rash thought will pass - it usually does after a bar of chocolate.

Whilst you have to admire the sheer achievement of all these people - and be thankful for the huge amount of money raised for various charities - part of me can't help thinking there must be something more, well, constructive all these people could be doing...

And I don't care how much he raises for charity, people like the bloke 'amusingly' running the whole thing in 'slow motion' just shouldn't be encouraged (see here).

I know - just the incoherent ramblings of a grumpy old man starting another KitKat.

;o)

No comments: