Saturday, March 03, 2007

A week is a long time...

Having said normal service would resume, what happens? No posting for several days. Well, it's been a real up and down week.

Monday - a day of seemingly endless meetings. Begin to wonder whether meetings are just a way to enable lonely office workers to meet others...

Tuesday - have to do a presentation to the Audit Committee on how we account for pensions. Yep, it really is as dull as it sounds... The day is enlivened with the birth of a daughter to friends - wonderful, wonderful news.

Wednesday - the past two days, and with significant pharmaceutical assistance, I have struggled into work feeling distinctly under the weather. This was a day too many and I retreat to back under the duvet for the rest of the day...

Thursday - back into work and catch up with things. Get a text, my Grandma has been taken into hospital. An hour later a message is left on my voice mail - I return the call as soon as possible. Sad news, my Grandma has died. Whilst not entirely unexpected - she was in her 80s and had been ill recently - there is still that element of shock at receiving the news. In the evening I go and see some of the family.

Friday - a day of being with the wider family and doing what I can, however insignificant. Arrangements have been made and once again, in a few days, the wider family will gather. I know that stereotypically families often solely catch up at weddings, funerals and bar mitzvahs. Whilst it will be good to see everyone again - and for us gathering at bar mitzvahs would be a major change - I can't help feeling it would nice if it were at something other than another funeral...

No comments: