Sunday, October 15, 2006

Mistletoe and wine? Mine's a large one

Had my first "what are you doing for Christmas?" yesterday.

If you have a partner or kids you're probably thinking 'we had that sorted months ago'. As a singleton I often get the feeling that people assume they know what I'll be doing. The truth is I don't have a clue. It's only October and, although I know I could buy my decorations from August, as a matter of 'principle' I really don't think you should be worrying about Christmas until December. With the endless planning, preparation and hype it seems to me that the only things you're setting up are tension and disappointment.

Christmas can be a great time of year, but let it happen. It's only a couple of days - not a military operation. Go on, live on the edge - be slightly spontaneous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, there is not much more fun than ambling round the shops on Christmas eve buying presents for you nearest and dearest. This, I have tried in previous years and it works pretty well.