Saturday, May 24, 2008

Voices and Vision

Spending a couple days back in the Midlands so after heading back up the M40 I toddle off to send the afternoon in Worcester with my Mum.

Although I've been to Worcester on numerous occasions I've never actually been around the cathedral - and what a lovely place it is. It's been around for centuries and is packed with surprising history - for example I never knew it was the final resting place of King John. A tea stop in the lovely refectory - I can recommend the flapjack - and then a potter around the cloister which contained an art exhibition - Voices and Visions - from Worcestershire schools, much of which is excellent (for more see here).

A stroll along the picturesque river and a potter around the city centre - a pleasant start, in pleasant weather, to a bank holiday weekend.

No comments: