Saturday, March 22, 2008

Does my bum look big in this?

Now, I'm rarely at the height of fashion. Like Jeremy Paxman I'm more likely to worry about the gusset support of trusty M&S underwear than whether I'm wearing the latest 'must have of the season'.

However, a bizarre combination of an upcoming wedding invitation and me needing a new suit means that I'm unexpectedly at the forefront of fashion - I've popped into the newly opened Banana Republic store on Regent Street.

It's basically a smarter version of Gap - but I know what I like and this sort thing appeals to me. I do note, however, that even a new store, whose assistants were good in showing me where things were, still has that universal issue of not having enough tills open when I actually want to pay for the stuff.

My descent into middle aged grumpiness continues...

No comments: