Friday, February 01, 2008

Mind the gap

Been a busy and full week. Various things happening at work which are requiring a bit of thought and judgement - always a challenge.

Have a visitor for a couple of nights so tried a bit of London culture on them. Heading over the Thames to the South Bank we get to see the wonderful view that London has to offer from one of several bridges - I've been in London for a number of years but seeing the view always still impresses.

We head to Tate Modern and admire the crack in the floor- Shibboleth. Is it art? Well if it is, then the UK motorway network must be the biggest piece of art installation in the world. The visitor seems intrigued by the crack - we head upstairs and see Henri Matisse's Snail but my visitor is less impressed.

I like it - it's one of my favourite pieces in the Tate. Guess it's just me and my 'fancy London ways'....

No comments: